Hackensack, N.J. (March 28, 2017) – NAI James E. Hanson, a leading New Jersey-based full-service independent commercial real estate firm, marked a highly successful 2016 with the announcement of its winners at their annual recognition dinner in which the firm honors its employees’ professional achievements from the previous calendar year. The dinner was held at the Stony Hill Inn in Hackensack, N.J. on March 16th with over 80 people in attendance.
2016 was marked by great success for NAI Hanson’s sales and leasing teams with 260 total transactions closed representing 5.3 million square-feet and $400MM in total value. The northern New Jersey commercial real estate market saw considerable growth in 2016 and all indicators point to another strong year in 2017. Additional NAI Hanson’s property management division also saw substantial growth managing 6.3 million square feet of space.
The winners of the 2016 Hanson Awards were vital to the firm’s success and exemplify the qualities and expertise that make the NAI Hanson team one of the best in the business. Award categories included: Best Quarter Performance (booked transactions), Sales Associate of the Year, Transaction Award (most transactions), Outstanding Performance Awards, Transaction of the Year and “The Enhansonment Award” (recognition of an employee that exemplifies the values of NAI James E. Hanson).
“It’s no secret that the world of commercial real estate moves at a breakneck pace. That pace is only magnified in the super competitive northern New Jersey marketplace,” said William C. Hanson, SIOR, President of NAI James E. Hanson. “Our team is constantly working hard to ensure they are out in front of the market and it would not be possible for NAI Hanson to compete, let alone excel, like we have without the dedication and commitment of our entire staff. Our employees deserve recognition for their work and the Hanson Awards dinner is just a small token of our gratitude for their efforts and a celebration of their achievements.”
The Hanson Awards Recipients for 2016 are:
Best Quarter Performance
- Q1: Russell Verducci, Associate Vice President
- Q2: Gregory James, Director, Capital Markets
- Q3: Thomas Vetter, SIOR, Senior Vice President & Jeffrey DeMagistris, SIOR, Senior Vice President
- Q4: Andrew Somple, SIOR, Senior Vice President
- Andrew Somple, SIOR, Senior Vice President with 45 transactions in 2016
- Peter Cohen, Director Government Services/Non-Profit Group. This award is given to the associate who best utilized the NAI network to facilitate their client’s out of state requirements.
- Daniela Bonanata, Assistant Property Manager (given in recognition of her professional advancement and growth within the company through hard work and dedication)
Transaction of the Year Award (TIE)
- NAI Hanson represented Sitex Group in the sale of their 53,152-square-foot fulfillment center to Loftex Logistics, LLC in Carlstadt, New Jersey. The deal was brokered by Thomas Vetter, SIOR, and Jeffrey DeMagistris, SIOR.
- NAI Hanson represented seller, 11 Johnson St., LLC, in the sale of 19.5 acres of land in Staten Island, N.Y to Copart of Connecticut Inc. The deal was brokered by Russell Verducci, Kenneth Lundberg, SIOR, Patrick Lennon, Steve Pastor and Dominic Fittizzi
MCH Sales Associate of the Year (in honor of former NAI Hanson Senior Vice President, Mildred C. Hanson)
- Andrew Somple, SIOR
Outstanding Performance Awards
- Thomas Ryan for the lease of a 26,315-square-foot office at 10-12 Commerce Drive, Cranford, New Jersey
- Steve Pastor, Daniela Bonanata, Russell Verducci and Carl Facchino for the sale of a 106,950-square-foot industrial facility at 34-38 Industrial Way in Eatontown, New Jersey
- Barry Cohorsky, SIOR, Thomas Vetter, SIOR, and Jeffrey DeMagistris, SIOR, for the lease of a 99,527-square-foot industrial space at 906 Murray Road in East Hanover, New Jersey
- Thomas Vetter, SIOR, and Jeffrey DeMagistris, SIOR, for the lease of a 105,097-square-foot industrial space at 99 Hook Road in Bayonne, New Jersey
- Thomas Vetter, SIOR, Jeffrey DeMagistris, SIOR, Gregory James, Ivette Correa and Carl Facchino for the sale of a 125,000-square-foot industrial complex at 86-110 Orchard Street in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Darren Lizzack for the lease of a 9,387-square-foot office at 680 Kinderkamack Road in Oradell, New Jersey
- Darren Lizzack, Randy Horning and Hal Messer for the sale of a 58,512-square-foot office building at 60 State Street in Hackensack, New Jersey
- John J. Schilp for the sale of a 74-unit multi-family facility at 101 Seachase Lane in Greenwood, Delaware
- Kenneth Lundberg, SIOR, Patrick Lennon and Peter Cohen for the sale of two Boys Town Facilities in Brooklyn, New York
- Russell Verducci and Eric Demmers for the sale of a 23,000-square-foot industrial building at 7 Industrial Drive in Old Bridge, New Jersey
- Russell Verducci and Eric Demmers for the sale of a 30,000-square-foot office building at 215 14th Street in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Michael Walters, SIOR, and Russell Verducci for the lease of a 11,000-square office at 40 West 25th Street in New York, New York
- Michael Walters, SIOR, and Russell Verducci for the lease of a 13,321-square-foot office at 3 Gateway Center in Newark, New Jersey
- Anthony Cassano, Pablo Castro, Darren Lizzack, Randy Horning and Russell Verducci for the sale of a 45,912-square-foot office building at 155 Polifly Road in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Anthony Cassano, Pablo Castro and Andrew Somple, SIOR for the sale of a 37,260-square-foot office building at 30 Corporate Drive, Orangeburg, New York
- Andrew Somple, SIOR, and Greg James for the sale of a 78,000-square-foot catering facility (the Landmark) at 33 Route 17 S in East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Andrew Somple, SIOR, Scott Perkins, SIOR, and Christopher Todd for the sale of a 49,140-square-foot industrial building at 19 Central Boulevard in South Hackensack, New Jersey
- Scott Perkins, SIOR, Gregory James and Christopher Todd for the sale of a 22,000-square-foot retail building (Whole Foods) at 110 Washington Street in Morristown, New Jersey
- Scott Perkins, SIOR, Gregory James and Christopher Todd for the sale of an 82,222-square-foot office building at 216 Route 17 in Rochelle Park, NJ
Outstanding Assignment Awards
- Israel Rodriguez, Harry Hatzis, Evelyn Unger and William Douglas for their management of the 804,359-square-foot, 11 property Tulfra Portfolio
- Stephanie Guichardo, Carl Facchino, Daniela Bonanata and Israel Rodriguez for their management of the 215,874-square-foot, 12 property Bristol New Brunswick Portfolio
To stay connected with NAI James E Hanson and for updates on the latest transactions and news, please follow NAI Hanson on Facebook (www.facebook.com/NAIHanson), Twitter (@NAI_Hanson), and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/nai-james-e-hanson).
About NAI James E. Hanson
Since 1955, NAI James E. Hanson has been a leading independent full-service brokerage commercial real estate and property management firm serving a diverse client list. NAI Hanson offers its clients strategic solutions and provides comprehensive value-added services such as office, industrial and retail brokerage, investment sales, land sales, management, government services and financing expertise.
NAI Hanson is also one of the original members of NAI Global, an international commercial real estate network with 400 offices spanning the globe. For more information on NAI James E. Hanson, contact William C. Hanson, SIOR, at the company’s Hackensack office at 201-488-5800 or visit www.naihanson.com.